Monday, November 11, 2013

Frederikstad

 

Adrien and I visited Frederikstad for a couple of days last week to present some of our work in progress, it was a busy couple of days as Bruno Coulais the composer was sending us music demos and compositing from Serge Umes team still needed to be checked but we managed to work and still enjoy the festival. It was fantastic to see some if the composited images on the big screen - I took a couple of snaps with the iphone but because we showed so much of the artwork from the film we asked the audience not to record our presentation for fear of spoiling the story so far ahead of the release. 

Next week Im doing a video link up with CTN in LA to make a similar presentation - hopefully it will all go towards creating a good buzz for the film amongst animators and animation fans.
It will be live streamed online too anyone can watch ...

We were lucky enough to have "the king of indy animation" in the audience , Bill Plympton , whose new movie Cheating looks really impressive . Also we met Benjamin Renner of Ernest and Celestine as well as  some old friends from the Norwegian animation scene - my old college pal Olve and Yaprak from Frame by Frame where we did one of our first WIP presentations of Kells back in 2008.
We met many new friends and saw some impressive footage from a new stop motion Norwegian feature film.





  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tomm and Adrien! Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation at Fredrikstad Animation Festival last week. I loved The Secret of Kells, and Song of the Sea promises to be just as stunning!! Can't wait for it to come out! I don't work in animation, so it was very interesting for me to see the different stages of the production process, from concept to realization! Inspiring stuff! Keep up the good work, and all the best, Marie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just after I watched "The secret of Kells" I started to look for whom have done that, and when I found about the Cartoon Saloon, the first thing I saw was the preview for "The Song of the Sea". I felt in love with the movie at the same time. I stayed busy with some projects and focused in my career and stayed without looking for news about the movie. How was my surprise when I checked it again and saw how far the project have gone. I'm really anxious to see it, and I'm just a little sad that I wasn't part of such an amazing project, but I'll keep improving my skills to be part of this team in some future project. Thanks for such beautiful film. Can't wait for it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for commenting I really appreciate hearing from readers of the blog